Today I wanted a pumpkin spice latte so badly that I actually drove my children to school instead of walking with them, and then drove all the way to Starbucks… to find the drive thru out onto the street, and the parking lot packed. Um – no. Clearly the world was telling me to break out my DIY pumpkin spice coffee creamer recipe, and stop being ridiculous. I mean, who waits for ten cars in the drive thru? NOT ME! Then I remembered why I make my own creamer, anyways:
- It is cheaper. By far.
- It is more convenient; make a batch in 10 minutes, then have it available all week. Heck, it is faster to make the creamer then wash the dishes than it is to wait at Starbucks!
- It is healthier – no preservatives, refined sugars, artificial colours or flavours.
- It is freaking delicious.
Get your measuring spoon ready, ladies – it is time to make your own pumpkin spice coffee creamer!
DIY Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
Nutrition Facts using half & half for the milk:
- Try almond milk for non-dairy
- Try coconut milk for creamy non-dairy
- Use a keto-friendly sweetener, like this one: mix 1 cup of erythritol with ¾ tsp maple extract (add in a bit of stevia glycerite to keep it soft and increase the sweetness)
- Use essential oils* instead of pumpkin spice blend: 1 drop Cassia, 1 drop Cinnamon, 1 drop ginger, 1 drop clove
*should you make a purchase through this link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Tips & Tricks:
- Keep in a screw-top jar in the fridge, and shake before using
- What to do with the leftover pumpkin? Portion out into 2 TBSP servings into an ice-cube tray. Once frozen, put transfer into a ziplock bag, and keep in the freezer until the next time you need to make more pumpkin spice coffee creamer.
- Use a cheap milk frother to make it really taste like a latte!
Well, now that I have got the recipe out of my system, I am headed to the grocery store to get my ingredients. Do you have any special coffee tips/tricks to share?